December 13, 2021
December 13, 2021
Essential Meaning of independence
1: freedom from outside control or support : the state of being independent. They are fighting for independence from colonial rule. [=fighting because they want to stop being a colony ruled by another country]Her ambition is to achieve financial independence. [=to earn all the money she needs; to not depend on money given by anyone else]See More Examples
2: the time when a country or region gains political freedom from outside control. A month after independence, elections were held.
Interdependence is mutual dependence between things. If you study biology, you’ll discover that there is a great deal of interdependence between plants and animals.
Inter- means "between," so interdependence is dependence between things. We often use interdependence to describe complex systems. Marriage creates a state of interdependence between spouses. If your dog provides you with love and happiness, and you provide your dog with food and walks (and love and happiness), then your relationship with your dog is one of interdependence.
Definitions of interdependence
a reciprocal relation between interdependent entities (objects or individuals or groups)
synonyms: interdependency, mutuality
co·de·pen·den·cy | \ ˌkō-di-ˈpen-dən(t)-sē \
Definition of codependency: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person manifesting low self-esteem and a strong desire for approval has an unhealthy attachment to another often controlling or manipulative person (such as a person with an addiction to alcohol or drugs)broadly : dependence on the needs of or on control by another
Signs of codependency include:
• Difficulty making decisions in a relationship
• Difficulty identifying your feelings
• Difficulty communicating in a relationship
• Valuing the approval of others more than valuing yourself
• Lacking trust in yourself and having poor self-esteem
• Having fears of abandonment or an obsessive need for approval
• Having an unhealthy dependence on relationships, even at your own
• Having an exaggerated sense of responsibility for the actions of others